I live in Georgia, I just want to know how can I get my learner’s permit?
Good Question Lisa
Fifteen year olds can apply for the learner’s permit with their parents or with their guardians. A teenager should still be in school or must show proof of graduation before they can get their learner’s permit. Before you can apply for the learner’s permit, you will need the following requirements to the local driver’s license office:
1. certified birth certificate or birth registration
2. certified court papers showing adoption or name change if applicable
3. social security card
4. certificate of attendance that is signed by an official at your school
5. your parent or guardian will need to sign permission for you to obtain the learners permit
6. payment of $10 license fee
You will also need to take the written and vision test. You may study the Georgia driver’s manual so you can learn more about traffic laws , safety, traffic signals and other rules on the road.
Once you get your permit, it will be valid for 24 months. You should avoid getting a ticket at that time because your permit may be suspended even if you pay the fine.